PRP (Platelet-rich plasma) at The Cooden Medical Group
Platelet-rich plasma therapy is a form of regenerative medicine which uses factors in your own blood in order to amplify and accelerate the growth in your tissue. In doing so, providing you a faster recovery and relief.
PRP Injections can be used to treat:
- Joint pain resulting from inflammation after an acute injury
- Chronic Degenerative Joint Disease
- Ligament and muscle injuries
- Tendonitis, e.g. tennis elbow and golfer’s elbow
- Early partial tendon tears
- Instability and pain in various joints
- Injuries throughout the body, including in the knee, shoulder, elbow, and other joints
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Chronic pain conditions
- Sprains and strains
How does PRP treatment work?
The doctor will generally draw blood from the arm. The platelet-rich plasma is then separated in the blood, which a doctor injects directly into the area in need of treatment.
Occasionally an ultrasound machine will be used to ensure the specific area is treated with as much precision as possible.
|Recommended Age Range||From 18|
|Discomfort||A small amount of discomfort during the procedure although local anaesthetic can be used on the area to help with any pain.|
|Downtime||You should expect some discomfort for between 3-7 days|