Every mum deserves to feel and look her best – and maybe also a few years younger! Whatever her age, nothing makes a woman feel better than having fresh, clear, dewy skin; however there are so many factors that work against this, from stress to lack of time. We all know that if we look good, we feel good; a little effort is therefore worthwhile.
Here at The Cooden Medical Group our team of experts are dedicated to helping clients achieve their skin potential. Whether the issue is sun damage, ageing, wrinkles, dullness or even acne, we have solutions that will help return a complexion to the best it can possibly be.
Mother's Day Gift voucher – from £50.00
Our gift vouchers are perfect for a mum who likes choosing her own gift. Whatever her skin concerns from medical to aesthetics, we have a treatment to fit.
Clinic Membership – the gift that keeps on giving! - £60.00
Mother' Day Treatment Package – £100.00
Medical skin peel and mask – to resurface and reveal new, healthy skin
Electroporation – a pain-free mesotherapy session to intensify the effects.
Dermalux LED phototherapy session – to rejuvenate and repair
All gift ideas offers valid until 6th March 2016
- Make it a medical facial – There are so many benefits that a medical facial can offer. As a skin professional I recommend treating your skin once a month to a tailored treatment that targeted your unique concerns, from dry patches, wrinkles to acne. The benefits accumulate over time so it’s a worthwhile investment.
- The importance of cleansing: Many people underestimate the power of their cleanser; however this is a vital step in your skincare regime. Thorough cleansing is essential; if your skin is dry, try using a creamy cleanser to add oils while you cleanse. Oilier skins are best cleansed with a foaming wash or a clay based cleanser.
- Regular exfoliation –Always use gentle products to exfoliate your skin at night, and aim for twice a week (or once a week if your skin is oily). Nightly exfoliation makes the products you apply afterwards penetrate the skin deeper than on skin that hasn’t been exfoliated.
- Hydrating mask – Use a hydrating or nourishing mask weekly to give your skin that plumped look and to diminish fine lines. Apply once a week and after exfoliation then rinse off and before a serum and moisturiser.
- Protection for eyes – Although eye cream makes such a big difference to the condition of this, most sensitive area of your face, it is in fact only used by a small majority of women. Always apply – twice a day – and before your serum and moisturiser.
- Which moisturiser and serum?
Ensure you are using the correct product for your skin type and always have a day and night variant. When it comes to brands, I personally use and recommend Obagi®, a prescription quality range that deliver superior results to that of any over the counter range, whatever your concern.
- Air conditioning
Central heating at home, blasting fans in the car or air conditioning in the office all dry out your skin. If possible turn the heat down a notch and add a layer or two (this will also save you money!)
- Exercise your skin
Regular, moderate exercise is one of the most vital keys to healthy skin. Making time to work out, walk or whatever you love doing not only makes you feel good on the inside, but it promotes healthy circulation also helps keep your skin healthy and vibrant.
Many people disregard the importance of drinking regularly in winter and if they do drink, they rely on coffee, tea and other warming drinks to quench their hydration needs. This can play havoc on the condition of your complexion, so get into the routine of grabbing a glass of water when you pass the water cooler!
- Wine time
We all love a glass of wine, but too much alcohol, along with caffeinated drinks, can detrimentally affect your skin. Alcohol will dehydrate you and deplete vital skin nutrients, making your skin appear dull. Doctors have also found that those who drink heavily tend to have less healthy diets so keep an eye on what you put inside your body.